Birthday Cake Decorating Do's and Dont's ... HELP!!!

I plan on buying a sheet cake from Costco this year for my DD 4th birthday and was going to ask them to just leave it plain white and decorate it myself to save money. So im wondering if anyone has any tips for decorating a pre made cake and the Do's/ Don'ts like what will ruin it etc.

Her birthday is Disney Princess themed

Feedback, tips and pictures would be appreciated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You could always let her decorate it herself. Just get some tubes of decorative frosting and have her draw some wild designs with it. My son attended a birthday party this past weekend where the little boy got to decorate his own cake. It wasn't the prettiest thing in the world but he was ecstatic and so proud of what he'd done.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Buy some little disney princess figures to put on top. If you daughter already have some small plastic figures wash them in hot soapy water to save more money. We did a dino cake years ago this way using plastic dinos and small cave men.. (It was my son's idea and he help to place them on the cake)
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 5:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Don't spell anything wrong. It is soooooo easy to get caught up in the writing that you forget to read! Birtday is spelled with an "h" I found out!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009