1st year old BIRTHDAY PARTY ANY PLACE?

my baby will be 1st birthday on Aug I have no idea where the place to go for his speical 1st birthday party. Please help give me any idea?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly ---- small intimate party at home. Family, close friends, cake, ice cream, BBQ, maybe a wading pool or sprinkler going in the yard. Keep it simple.

Just trust me on this one.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It is special to you, your baby really wont understand. He or she will still need a nap and still need their regular schedule so I would agree with the above, Just a backyard bbq! I had my sons first birthday at a local park, so the older kids could play and just had a bbq
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 5:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Had my dd'd 1st at home and it was so enjoyable and she could get down on a blanket and only had close friends and family.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• We did it at home with just family. It was really nice. We were able to work around naps so they wouldn't be cranky, and I put them in the bathtub right after cake. (My avatar picture is from the twin's first birthday)
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I've had all the first birthday parties either at home or Grandma's house. And every kid went right into the tub after cake! (Which was quite a feat for DS as he had broken his leg a couple weeks earlier & had a cast on it--we had to wrap it in garbage bags to he could have his cake!!) The most important part of the party is keeping your little one happy & close friends & family will be best for that. One year old children are easily overwhelmed & you don't want baby to spend their first party in a constant state of meltdown because the clown scared them or the balloons are too much. Keep it simple, follow your child's lead for scheduling, and have fun.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• We had my daughters first party at our local mcdonalds with a play place, they have someone set up everything and clean up all the mess when its over :) Plus the kids have something to play on and adults are aloud as well to help the younger ones. Also, once we figured how much we would spend to have it here at home we realized it was cheaper to do it there. And April is a month where u never know what the weather will be like so we didnt want to chance having it outside or a park :) Goodluck!
    MommytoAngel08

Answer by MommytoAngel08 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I had my DD's first birthday at our local park. Only family and close friends were invited. She wasn't walking yet, she just crawled around in the grass with the other little-ins. She had a blast though!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 2:32 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Thank you to all mothers I will try to figures it out which best for park or house DEPEND what weather outside. Because I am live in FLORIDA SO HOTT!!!!!
    Thanks again to all mothers
    God Blessing your hearts.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Amanda142

Answer by Amanda142 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009