When do I teach her how to use a sippy cup

Right now shes 5 months and I want her to know how to use a sippycup before she is one. I dont want her to have the bottle after she turns one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started giving one to my dauther when she was 6 months old, I started out with a soft spout one she had to suck really hard and couldn't get the juice out. So now we are using a hard spout one, she's getting better and I always offer it to her some days she drinks the whole cup full other times it takes her 2 days to drink a cup full. Just keep introducing it and she'll get the hang of it. I haven't put her formula in it yet only juice or water.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 5:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My son is now 9 months and only gets a bottle if he wakes up at night and thats maybe once a week... I started putting one out everyday all day just keep it fresh because it can get hot and nasty fast and cause thrush[found that out the hard way]. I put out a soft spout two handled one and after playing with it for about 2 months he picked it up and started drinking and that was the day the bottles left... I have one in the house just in case but they day they pick them up and start drinking never look back.. I put everything in his.. Now I'm trying to get him off the soft spout on the the hard and by one he will only get the hard spout ones because by then formula wont be his main food so if he doesnt drink milk out of it for a day or so it will be ok.. Good luck
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2009