bad prego docters?

do you or have you had a bad prego docter you didnt agree with or felt like he or she wasnt right..... well tell me the stories......

trickyplus2

Asked by trickyplus2 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had an ob the first time, thought he was alright. with my 2nd and 3rd i saw a midwife. it was like a completley different expirience!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Most doctors are really "bad doctors" per say but there are many things that OBs and I have disagreed on. OBGYNs are taught "crisis managment" when it comes to labor and delivery of babies. They are not taught how to handle or approach normal delivery. They tend to look for things to go wrong.

It's not that they are bad people or that they are doing it on purpose but they are taught in medical school to do things a certain way. Often there experiance of different types of birth, pregnancy care, and views about how pregnancy & birth should be handled depend on the medical school they attended, where they did their intership and what the person teaching them taught them.

I personally prefer the midwifery model of care but if you want an OB and don't like yours than you should definately find another one because that person is going to be with you at one of the most vulnerable times in your life.
    Anonymous

• I had a dr to start my first real appt with my first pregnancy. DH took off work to go with me and the nurse informed me the dr was too busy to see me. I t was a friday and they fit me in on tuesday, where the dr was really abrupt and cold towards me. He didn't want to anwser any questions that I had which was really bad b/c I found out I was pregnant when our car flipped 3 times on the interstate. I didn't even make a second appt. I have since gone to a group of midwives that work in the same clinic as my mom. I've moved a little further away and still go to them even though I live about 45 min from the clinic. However I do work on the same street as the hospital is on.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• The doctor I had at first was HORRIBLE! She was cold, and mean. She gave this "look" when she asked my age (20). Then she asked me what drugs I was doing (BTW: my urine and blood tests were clean). I told her none and she GLARED at me. So she turned to my fiance and demanded he tell her what kind of drugs I was doing. Then she said I must be a smoker. I asked why and she said that ALL girls my age are smokers (I'm not). She asked if he hit me! She claimed he looked like an alcoholic (he was freshly showered, clean shaven, and dressed up for an interview he had after my appointment). Then she did my exam and made a rude comment about the fact the I was shaved down there (TMI sorry). Said only loose girls did that. After that she asked him if he wanted a Paternity test because he should question my "accusations". I was in shock, thank god he stood up, told her off and took me out of there. We reported her...
    Anonymous

• I saw another woman in the clinic I went to with my son and she informed me that I was going to be a terrible mom because I ate some lucky charms for breakfast. She also told me that my baby was going to weigh OVER 10 pounds, and he was a perfect 6 pounds 9 ounces. The next time I went in they told me I would be seeing her and I refused, so I got to listen to her out in the hallway talking shit about me. She was such a cunt!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 7:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2009