my 3 months are teething what can i do for them?

my twin boys are teething. there docter told me and there father yes there teething and it dids happened at this age sometimes rare but it dids. there so little and one been teething for a month and a half now the other is just starting. is there anything i can do for them that wont harm them that will help them.

i scared to give my boys meds but there doctor told me what i can and cant give them. i have what she said i could give them and i do what the box says but i dont like giving them meds at this age.(new mother worry alot)

do any one know what i can do to help with out giving them meds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rub some baby orajel on their gums both the top and bottom, either put it on your clean finger and do it or else put some on a q-tip and rub that on their gums, I think they also make swabs with the orajel on it already. Also they have teething tablets now that you can buy at wal-mart or your local walgreen, QVC, anywhere like that the ones I buy are Hyland's homeopathic teething tablets, also I give a dose of tylenol every 4 hours or so and you could also put a teething ring or paci in the fridge or freezer for a little bit and then let them chew/suck on that or a cold rag.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 5:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Teething tablets for that age - i would hwait on giving baby oragel until a few months later - its not good for their developing throats - but I did it for my son and he was fine - I just read some sad stories afterwards
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• baby oragel is what there doctor wants me to do. but i feel like there to little and the box says 3 to 4 times a day, but i will only let them have it 1 maybe 2 in a day and thats when i give in from hearing them be in pain. i dont like giving baby oragel to them. ii feel there to little but there doctor did say it was okay. i just dont know what to do.
    angeltwinpain

Answer by angeltwinpain at 5:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I swear by those teething tablets. They work miracles, and they are all natural. You can get them from walgreens,
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• teething tablets, hands down... I've used them myself for toothaches. They really work miracles! Baby orajel's really not that great imo.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 7:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Hylands teething tabs and frozen (damp) washcloths

Answer by rkoloms at 9:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2009