can i let my sons cry?

when ive done everything i can. new dipper, they been feed and burt and loved and they wont sleep and they just want to cry and i checked and made sure there not having teething pains(there starting to teething) can i lay them in there bed or pin for maybe 5 to 10 mins as long as there not losing air can i lot them cry there? ive did this last night to on of them. my mom said i could but not longer then 10 mins and make sure his not losing air. not even 3 mins later he was out cold and he slept really good. was this wrong of me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh my twins are 3 months on saturday(june 6, 2009)

forgot to put that
    angeltwinpain

Answer by angeltwinpain at 5:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It doesn't hurt to let them cry for a few minutes. Some babies just want to lay on the floor by themselves and not be held. Also have you put baby orajel or given them teething tablets and some tylenol or motrin to take the pain away from teething, even if you don't feel/see teeth they could still have pain, or they could be gassy so maybe some gas drops would help. Are they cool/warm enough? I would just put a blanket and some toys on the floor and let them lay there and play or take them outside on a blanket or for a walk, the fresh air may make them better at night.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 5:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• In my opinion - 3 months is too young - but to each their own and if it worked, great!! I didn't let my son "cry it out " for any length til after 8 months - my ped said it was ok after 6 - I think each mom has to find what works for them - at 3 months when you've done all you can like it sounds, 5-10 minutes seems fine -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• sometimes you have to or you will get to frustrated and thats not good... just a few min tho my lil man gets overly tired i can tdo anything to help him i try everything so i just lay him down a few minutes of crying he either falls asleep or i pick him up and he is better
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 5:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes, all the Mom's have great answers. I totally agree in your case you have twins no easy task so it's harder because your always going to be dealing with two at the sametime or even if one's more quiet and stuff your still demanded by both. So I'd say yes, a few mintues should be okay as long as your checking on them also seeing that they are breathing okay and you know you've done absolutely everything for them, they aren't wet or hungry or like the other mom's say, not in pain from teething or gas. Again great answers some of the time yes, babies get irritable just like us adults. they need some time to not be held or anything just need a minute. If you found little man went off to sleep them he was probably just irritable. If it was gas or teething pain he could not have drifted off into sleep like that totally uncomfortable as that can be. So I'd say you are handling them babies well. Keep up the good work.
    flea575

Answer by flea575 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009