i'm tired of poop!

i really am. i'm getting so frustrated. my daughter is 3 and i've been trying to potty train her for maybe the past 6 months or so. she's been doing really good when she has to pee, hardly any accidents and she always tells me when she has to go. most nights she is dry in her pull up when she wakes up(i only put one on her at bed time, she wears underwear all day). the only problem i'm having is when she has to poop. at first she went a few times in the potty, but then didn't want to cause she said she was scared. lately she's been telling me when she has to go, but she has either already gone in her underwear, or we don't make it in time and she goes in her underwear before i can get them off of her. the past few days she has tried to go by herself in the bathroom . she'll be playing in her room and i'll notice the bathroom light go on and she'll be on the potty saying she has to poop, but its all in her underwear and

julianasprotege

Asked by julianasprotege at 5:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The one thing about the poop training is it takes a little bit longer and if she knows that it upsets you, it may even take longer than you expect. don't make a big deal about it. She is only 3. when she messes just help her clean herself up and act like it didn't happen. After she eats a meal, take her to the bathroom whether she goes or not, and she will get use to it. Patience is the key to potty training.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• (continued) the bathroom floor. i guess she's trying to be independent, or maybe she doesn't want me in there and wants privacy when she goes. but i really wish she'd let me help her and let me know when she has to poop so i can help her and not have to clean a big poopy mess everyday. my question is,has any one else gone through something like this ? , and what can i do to get her to go on the potty when she has to poop?
    julianasprotege

Answer by julianasprotege at 5:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009