STARTING MY NEW DIET!

SO IM STARTING MY DIET TODAY. MY DD IS 7MONTHS OLD AND SHOULD'VE ALREADY LOST THE "BABY WEIGHT" I THINK. LOL. BEFORE I MET MY DH IN 03 I WAS WEARING A SIZE 8! NOW IM IN A 18!!!!! I HAVE A PAIR OF MY FAVORITE JEANS HANGIN ON THE WALL FOR INSPIRATION! PLUS MY SKINNY PIC ON THE FRIDGE! IT MADE ME SICK THIS MORNING WHEN I TRIED ON THOSE JEANS AND COULDNT EVEN GET THEM PAST MY KNEES!!!!!!!!! SO YOU LADIES GOT ANY ADVICE FOR ME? IM STOPPING POP! WATER ONLY, NO SWEETS! NO BREADS! USING MY AB ROCKET AND WALKIN! ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD DO?? THANKS LADIES!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• weight watchers?? i lost 20 pounds easily in 2 months.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• try lite butter or lite sour cream or even the i can't believe it's not butter spray is 0 cals. the 100 cal pack chips or cookies are good...crystal light to spice up your water. if you don't want to do weight watchers you could just do your own weigh in at home say once a week so you know if you are on track or not doing so well so it will give you encouragement for the next week. Also include some friends/family that want to lose weight. tell them weigh in is every "sunday" so to say, and call everyone and see how everyone need and wish them luck for the next week?!?! GOOD LUCK, IT WILL BE HARD BUT SOOOO WORTH IT!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Smaller meals, I allow myself one pepsi a day, and if I want a candy bar or chips I eat them just not all of it, also eat slower, much slower...It takes 20 min for your stomach to tell your mind you are full ..if you eat fast by then you have over eaten...I also eat off a side plate which is like 4 inched in diameter, instead of a 12 inch dinner plate. Dont skip meals and when you are hungry eat....It is a balance, over eating is the number one reason people gain weight, you can eat 20 carrots in a single setting will cause you to gain because its still all about the calories you need verses the calories you eat.... For example if i get a burger from hardees or mcdonalds I only eat half and throw the rest away. It hard at first because the last bite is always the best but you do adjust. Good luck to you.... Cutting out 500 calories a day will lead to a one pound weight lose, add that with exersice and the results well you know
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Do the South Beach Diet.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'm with feesharose.....South Beach. It's easy, it's healthy and you can lose weight comfortably and it'll STAY off.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 7:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You know for me I eat when I am hungry,I eat as clean as possible.I avoid fast food,pop and drink water.I have discovered that I can still enjoy the foods I love,but moderation is the key.I also work out(cardio 5 times a week)Start cutting out things slowly,like for example,I didnt cut out pop and junk all at the same time.Start slow,for example I added in cardio at first and then slowly started cutting the junk,pop,fast food etc out.Set realistic goals and celebrate each milestone that is reached!
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• a coworker lost 42 lbs on Physician's Weight Loss plan, it's pricey but her sister worked there so she got a discount. She gave me a sample eating card and I followed it for two days, then my pants fell off at work! She's bringing me the complete program on Friday so I can really follow it! I've lost 39 lbs since DS was born 10 months ago, by half-heartedly watching what I ate and walking on my days off, but I've been slacking off horribly! I gotta admit, though, after two days on her eating plan I felt smaller, I guess you could say. I haven't weighed myself (because my boss jumped down my throat yesterday and I went to Taco Bell for lunch... sad....)
    But she went from a size 18 to an 8 in a few months, she said it was hard at first because the calorie content is very strict the first two weeks, but after her body adjusted it felt awesome! Will post any info she gives me, just PM me after saturday if you want :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2009