WHY doesn't he understand?

Ok, today's hubby's 1 day off in over a week. I understand he wants to take it easy and not have to do much but why cant he understand that I've had our DS every day, all day, with no help, plus I worked last saturday for his mother then sunday for his father so he wouldn't have to listen to them complain. I'm exhausted, and my patience has worn thin with DS. SIL asked me to go with her to help groom a cat. We asked if we could leave DS with him for AN HOUR to go and groom this cat. He wanted to go fishing, so he went. She wanted to go early, so we took DS with us. He got in the way, got into stuff in the woman's house, etc. If we'd left him at home it would've only taken an hour. Since we took him with, it took us nearly three. Unprofessional much? Then, he just left to get dinner at McDonald's drive-thru. DS wanted to go with, but he didn't want to take him. DS is now screaming his head off..why couldn't he go?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 5:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• He doesn't understand because he's a MAN. That's not a slam. That's a fact. Men are different, they think differently.
    Anonymous

• When asked why DS couldn't go with, he said "because all he would've done is sat there and screamed" Like he didn't anyway?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Thats very mean. he needs to realize that his family comes before himself! i think you need to have a serious talk with him and tell him you aren't going to be a frickin single mom!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Took my husband 18yrs. to figure out that if you don't  a lot of love, time, and truly care about your kids lives,and work at being a good Dad, that means putting your kids before ALL else. Then Dad is the one that losses out! My husband is a work-a-holic, when he was home, he never paid attention to me or the kids. He never had a relationship with any of the kids. so three weeks before DD was leaving for college, we were having a heart to heart ( the kids and I are very close and can talk about every thing, I have single parented them for almost 20 yrs now) and she said she didn't even want dad to go with us to move her into school. She said, we don't have any kind of relationship and he will just ruin it. I had to explain to my husband that if he wanted ant kind of relationship with his DD at all he needed to do something about it right away. Because once she left for college time was up, and she wasn't interested.
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 6:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• He sounds like an ass. But it's typical male behavior. They always think of themselves first.
    Anonymous

• yup, typical selfish male behavior. Some think babysitting is woman's "fun"

Answer by admckenzie at 7:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

Total crap and so untrue. My husband has always been helpful with our son. He is a partner in raising him. Most of my friends husbands are the same. My son and husband had a guys night out went to eat and then to a movie. My husband has done this since my son was a baby. Just because your husband and the OP's husbands are jerks does not mean all are.
    Anonymous

• I don't think the lady was wrong when she says he is just a man. That is true. Most men do think it is women's stuff. But my point is if he was not very nurturing when he was a baby, spending time with him, feeding dresing, ect. Then he is probably not going to change. That is just the way he is. some times men do not do good with toddlers and babies but as the child gets older they become more comfortable. Maybe that is just his personality.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'm going out on a whim but mine isn't like that at all. I know some women that go out and party all weekend and leave their kids at home with daddy. You could just leave the kid with him and don't take no for an answer. Don't fill your plate to much , learn to say NO. Walk out and go do something for yourself even if it's just sitting in the car listening to music. Your hubby will get over it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009