How do you handle kids that are mean to your kids?

I have 2 nephews that are BRATS. I don't like visiting cuz of them! I can't have my SIL babysit because I don't want my DD coming home with claw marks,bites, & bruises! There parents do NOTHING 2 stop them from being mean to my daughter! The only time the father says ANYTHING is when my DD hits back! I have 2 literally be my DD's bodygaurd while we are around them! Everytime my DD plays with their toys the 3yr old run's by and snatches them out of her hands. EVERY single toy! Not even exagerating. The other boy is 1.5, and really he only follow his brother's lead. I.E. We were over there about a week ago & my DD was on the swinging and the older one starts pushing the swing violently. So I told him 2 stop & of course he did not obey so I put my hand on the swing and told him to leave her alone so he smacked my hand! My SIL acted like she didn't see but I know she did.
How should I deal with this situation. Im sick of it!

vano0528

Asked by vano0528 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Talk to them and tell them the truth. Its not going to hurt anything since you dont want to go over there anyways. Let them know that this is going on. Honestly they might choose not to see this, because they dont know how to react. But they better get a nip on it now, or its only going to get worse.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Your right Im gonna have to. I have told my SIL that it's only gonna get worse and she knows it. I know they see it. They just don't want to have to deal with it. Its easier just to let them do whatever they want.
    vano0528

Answer by vano0528 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• someone has to teach them how to behave. It's up to you if you have to have your dd around them. Obviously the parents have no clue how to be parents. The little kids will appreciate that you care enough to show them attention and train them.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Don't spend time with them. Just because they are family and you both have young kids doesn't mean you have to spend time with them. I don't think things will get any better, I think those kids will just get older, stronger, and more violent. Until some other kid decides to not put up with them, and kicks their little butts! Honestly, just stay away.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My nephew and niece are the same way. Two weekends ago my nephew kept trying to bully my son. I told him to stop he would not listen his mom said "boys will be boys". My nephew hit my son my son finally had enough and hit him back then sat on him. My son was bouncing up and down on him and told my nephew to leave him alone. My sil got up freaking out and yelled do something I looked up at her and said "boys will be boys". She got red and went and got my brother. I told them both they allow their kids to abuse my son so he is going to fight back from now on. If their kids cannot take it they better not dish it out. My brother and his wife kept an eye on their kids the rest of our visit. My mom and dad were not sympathic no one at the family function was. I told my son he can stand up for himself and he will not be in trouble.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous...WELL SAID....

I have told my son he has the right to protect himself, too.butterfly

Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 9:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Hell yea! At first I wouldn't let my daughter hit back. But now I do. Im not gonna teach her to get messed with and not defend herself. She will not touch the 1.5 year old only the 3 year old. Even she understands he's a baby. Unlike his big brother is another story!
    vano0528

Answer by vano0528 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2009