Should I be suspicious?

I don't know if I'm just crazy or if I'm seeing signs which, by themselves, mean very little, but together are starting to make me wonder if my husband is unfaithful... He is being more "helpful" than usual around the house, telling me he loves me more often, and (maybe TMI) won't let me "go down on him" anymore, without any good excuse for why. I found a long blonde hair on his shoulder when he came home from work last night. He's been showering before work (which he's never done before), and complaining about his recent weight gain. He also got suspicious of me, inspecting a bruise on my arm to make sure it wasn't a hickey (he's NEVER been a jealous person before, in six years of us being together). I know that guilty consciences make for suspicion of others, so... Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't try to validate to everyone else your feelings. You know your husband better then any of us here, and if he is acting more unusual than ever, you would be the first to know. I think, based on what you've said, it does sound concerning. If anything, I'd confront him on it. Maybe not bluntly, but I'd certainly say something. Especially if you are suspicious. You know your man, don't doubt your gut instinct, it's there for a reason.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Possible. I'd ask him. Maybe make it into a joke. If he mentions the weight, maybe say something like "Well, quit eating your girlfriend's homecooking" or something. Or if he showers before work, maybe something like, "Going to work, or hot date?" Say it in a joking tone so that he can't really say you're accusing him, but if he is up to something, he might slip up b/c he's so shocked.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• OP here - another thing just happened... He just called to say he got given some time off for the rest of the day, and then called back five seconds later to say, actually, no, he didn't have the time off and wouldn't be home. Sounded to me like he had just gotten a "better offer" than coming home...
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above posters...also saying it like a joke..he either might get really offensive to and try denying it but if you know your hubby which obviously you know him well you will be able to tell in his facial reactions. Or show up for a surprise visit at work!! See what's going on there...see if theres a blondie working close by..
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Tropical mama is right. Turn it into a joke. Don't point fingers, or you'll never get a straight answer out of him (believe me). Truthfully though, it does sound very suspicious...especially the part where he's getting suspicious of you. Guilty guys will try to turn it around on you, just to ease themselves. Good luck!
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Did you call work later to make sure he was there? I know I would have. NOT his cell phone but the work phone. Tell them you need to speak to him and see if he is there.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Call his work and see if he really got off early. If he did call him and let him know if he is not home in 10 minutes the locks will be changed and he can just stay at the skanks house from now on. Sounds like he could be cheating. My dad did similar things when he cheated on my mom. My mom got proof and called him at the skanks house and told her she can have him and to let him know his clothes and stuff are on the lawn for him. He got home and the locks had been changed and the neighbors were rummaging through his stuff.lol

You already know in your gut confront him about it. Make sure you get a plan in case he does say yes or you do feel he is lying.
    Anonymous