HOW 2 HANDLE KIDS BEING MEAN 2 MY KID~~~PIOG~~

I have 2 nephews that are BRATS. I don't like visiting cuz of them! I can't have my SIL babysit because I don't want my DD coming home with claw marks,bites, & bruises! There parents do NOTHING 2 stop them from being mean to my daughter! The only time the father says ANYTHING is when my DD hits back! I have 2 literally be my DD's bodygaurd while we are around them! Everytime my DD plays with thier toys the 3yr old run's by and snatches them out of her hands. EVERY single toy! Not even exagerating. The other boy is 1.5, and really he only follow his brother's lead. I.E. We were over there about a week ago & my DD was on the swinging and the older one starts pushing the swing violently. So I told him 2 stop & of course he did not obey so I put my hand on the swing and told him to leave her alone so he smacked my hand! My SIL acted like she didn't see but I know she did.
How should I deal with this situation. Im sick of it!

vano0528

Asked by vano0528 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Dont go over there anymore, dont have them over to your house....Some is normal behavior, others is just not understanding, some is you being overprotective, and SIL being underprotective LOL...If it really bothers you, talk to her. Teach the kids how to play nice...Hate to say it mom, but you will deal with this until you die, they will fight, hit, kick, take toys, say so in so is touching me, etc...It is all part of growing up and being a parent but serious injury risk should be monitored.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Oh I agree. The sharing thing,taking toys, and hell even hitting (maybe) is normal child behavior. But not with these kids. They are out of controll. Believe me I am not one of those people that thinks every kid except mine is bad. These kids are not like this when they're at my home. The whole time we visit them (i kid u not) it's like the 3 your old sits & watches for my daughter to get a toy in her hand so he can "run" by and snatch it. This goes on the whole time! I'm the only one that does anything about the shit. It's getting pretty old. I know they don't do anything about the kids' behavior because they don't want to deal with it or take the time to discipline. I have told her that she needs to get it under controll before it's too late. Her rely is always the same "i know"!
    vano0528

Answer by vano0528 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my cousin was like ur sil now her oldest boy is 12 and he hitting and threating her and her other boys. the other boys she has 4 all together are takeing after the oldest by hitting and screaming at her at the top of their lungs. they constintly fight amongst each other and when ever there is company there.her dh very midly tells the boys to stop but he doesnt enforce anything. her oldest boy within the next year or 2 will be taller and heavyer then she is.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 7:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Me and my mom were just talking about that. They're gonna treat her like shit when they get bigger.
    vano0528

Answer by vano0528 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Talk to your SIL, but first talk with your husband. This is seriously naughty behavior and having your child take the brunt of this abuse is wrong. I don't care how old a child is they are instilled with a sense of right and wrong. Because if they didn't why would they hide what they did wrong? I understand that your girl will get hurt some day, but she doesn't need this from family. Then with your husband you talk with the SIL. If you tell them that their behavior is hurtful and they do nothing to correct it, you need to stop contact with them. Its not permissable for your daughter to be hurt time and time again because she won't reign in her children.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 10:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009