I feel like my baby hates me :( What can I do to make her happy?

My baby is almost 5 months and I am with her all the time I stay home with her. It really makes me sad she has been very fussy lately and I cant seem to do anything right with her. It breaks my heart. She doesnt smile at me anymore when I try to play with her but my mom (grandma) Gets her and she is so happy. I dont know why she is not happy with me. I am very glad she lovves her grandma but I want her to love me too. I love her with all my heart and it makes me sad that she doesnt seem to like me. Everytime I make faces, smile, or anything she gets upset but my mom does and she is her old happy self. Is she getting tired of me being around her s much? What should I do? PLEASE help

HeidilovesNyla

Asked by HeidilovesNyla at 6:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Again good answers totally different responses from both Moms, you know it's funny because infants are very intelligent beings. Much more then we give them credit for. I do agree with one of the mOm's saying she may sense stress with you. They really don't need us to stand on our heads for them no I mean really, they just need basic love, care, affection, nurturers as we are.
    They need to feel warmth and love unconditionally. Maybe your Mom just has that keen sense with her. That's their special bond, as Grandma and Grandbaby girl. Does not mean your precious baby does not love you at all. Try taking a warm relaxing bath, just read to her, hold her talk to her like she's a bigger version of herself. If you've got great pipes, sing to her and you'll see she'll feel so much more relax with you and it' will all come together fine.
    Good luck and many Blessings
    flea575

Answer by flea575 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'm sure your baby doesn't hate you! She's too young to know what hate is. Chances are she's sensing you're stressed about it and responding to your stress. Just relax around her. Keep being happy, and she'll feel the love. GL hun.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• There are two right ways to look at it. She feels safe with you, so she can express herself.

It may be that when she sees that other person, she expects that person to act goofy, but not you. Take it as a compliment.

It can also be that you are the mom, she doesn't expect faces from you. She expects to look like you, so she wants you to be pretty.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 6:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I seriously doubt she hates you. Your mother may be a little more fun to her. Its not a big deal. It won't last forever. I would be glad to have a break personally. I can see how this would upset you, but know that you will always be mommy. Nothing can break that bond. God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009