• In the Spotlight:

Dems trying to hide the nationalized healthcare plans

the Democrats had a Democrat-only meeting yesterday with Obama on nationalized health care. The Democrats want to ram this down everybody's throat just like they did TARP and just like they did the stimulus bill. They don't want any public hearings, and no Republicans were in that meeting. "Democrats are trying to rush the largest entitlement expansion since LBJ into law with a truncated debate and as little public scrutiny as possible." Why? One reason. People find out about it, and they won't support it. It will not stand public inspection. The Wall Street Journal says here: "The reality is that Democrats are contemplating the most sweeping restructuring of the health markets since Medicare in 1965, and they don't want to let the details slow them down.

This is from the Wall Street Journal and has been touched upon on all the news channels today. Does it concern anyone besides me?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wait?! Do you mean to tell me that Democrats and the Obama Administration are trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes and meeting secretly to ruin us?! You mean they REALLY don't care about the American people and this country?! Get. Out!!! (sarcasm) LOL :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Uhhh, helloooo, WE HAVE NO MONEY!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I am so glad we are living in another country. If we are going to have national healthcare at least where we live it is well ran. Only well ran because where we live is very small and most have high incomes that generate enough tax. Also most in my new country are very health conscience so most are healthy and not obese like in America. You all are so screwed.
    Anonymous

• ANON 7PM...WHERE is it that you live, that nationalized healthcare is a GOOD thing?! Because I have yet to see it!

And my family isn't "screwed" as you so eloquently put it! We're all healthy, wealthy and wise...and can more than take care of our family. We don't NEED the government to take care of us! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yea, that's great........::insert sarcasm::

Doing it their way ~there is NO debate.... No alternative plan discussion(which Republicnas HAVE introduced, btw), NO meeting in the middle, and NO TRANSPARENCY. NICE Liberals (in DC) real NICE... Sounds like they are fearful of losing their seats.....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yep loving the "transparency" lol.......why am I not surprised? Dirty dogs.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• This is wonderful! I'm sooo thrilled!!!

On a more serious note, could you imagine anyone coming in here and saying that for real? I guess those who do dont mind being told when to shit, piss or eat.
    Anonymous

• Nope, not conserned at all! I voted for Obama because I feel that he will make the best disitions over all. And I continue to do so!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• And my family isn't "screwed" as you so eloquently put it! We're all healthy, wealthy and wise...and can more than take care of our family. We don't NEED the government to take care of us! :o)

We don't either we make in the 7 figures. I was not a fan of Nationalized healthcare but saw how the US was headed there and we decided to get out before things got really bad. My husband is a citizen of my new country and we moved all our money, business and everything out of the US. We actually pay less in taxes and see our tax money is being used wisely. Had we stayed in the US we would have been taxed well over 50 percent after the Democrats were done. So many who can care for their families now won't be able to. You clearly are uber wealthy so you surely will be fine.lol
    Anonymous

• "Nope, not conserned at all! I voted for Obama because I feel that he will make the best disitions over all. And I continue to do so!"

You arent one bit concerned that they shut out everyone besides Democrats? Isnt that opening a door to rule over everything and anyone? When will you realize this is a very scary situation? When it affects YOU? Well, you probably wont have to wait too long.
    Anonymous