Could Edward Cullen be considered a pedophile?

Yes, he looks like a teenager, but isn't he about 85 years old and dating a 16-17 year old girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Entertainment

• LOL Dh and I had that same discussion!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Oh good grief.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• These books are the worst written Vampire books ever. I can't believe adults like them. The baseball scene in the first book was ridiculously stupid. Bella becomes a vamp by Ed basically chewing the baby out of her, how romantic is that? The appeal of women to vamps is the romance. Ed is the love of Bella's life, then the werewolf guy, then Ed. And in all the books, she's constantly having to be rescued. This books sends a terrible message to girls. You're helpless and need a big strong man to take care of you. She's a pathetic character.
    Anonymous

• no and I belive he was born in 1901 so he is even older :O)
    Anonymous

I can see your pint on Bella needing rescued all the time. But I still LOVE Edward and Bella.
    Anonymous

• oops point lol
    Anonymous

• Anon 7pm I don't read Vampire books, but I read this particular series. The baseball seen was kinda goofy I'll give you that, but hey so is the idea of a vampire falling in love with a human. He does bite the baby out because she's 1/2 vampire and they can't get through to the baby. But it's actually all the venom he injects in her heart that saves her and changes her. Jacob is her best friend/soul mate and she loves him a lot, you're right. He just isn't the person she could spend forever with. Edward is always going to be her eternal love.
    Anonymous

• For the love of....People its a freaking book. I am a Twilight mom addict and proud of it! Edward is only real in our beloved dreams. Pedophile. Good lord. Its a romance/Romeo and Juliet/adventure/a day in the life of these people -- STORY. You could take a sour angle on just about any book you pick up OR you can just enjoy being swept away in a world that is way more exciting than what you have going on right now.
    dneb1234

Answer by dneb1234 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• If she was going to be changed, I think there could have been a better way. That was just gross.

Ok, I don't get it.... Jacob is her soul mate and Edward is her eternal love? Why aren't those the same thing?
    Anonymous

• Dneb... I want to be swept away in something good. Not something stupid. Reading Twilight was a big fat waste of time.
    Anonymous