What kind of birth are you planning?

THIS IS NOT MEANT AS A BASHING POST!! PLEASE KEEP YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES ON! TO EACH THEIR OWN....

I'm planning an as natural as possible birth with as little medical intervention as possible.

I do not want vaginal checks, will be wearing my own clothing, will not be having drugs (of any kind), will give birth in an upright position, will have minimal montoring, and will use mother directed pushing when it comes time.

This is my ideal birth.

What's your ideal birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'd like to give birth now at four months into a small jar to keep the baby safe while it gets big, that's my ideal birth. since they can't do that i guess i'll have to push it out of my vagina when its bigger :( with drugs.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I had a great plan for my ideal birth and at 37 wks. went in for my routine check-up to find that my girl was breech. I tried a version and ended up in the hospital. Scheduled a c-section (I was way more comfortable with this since it was my first baby and all published research recommends this) and went into labor 1 day before my c-section. Once I had her, my c-section got infected and I was hospitalized for 3 days. My natural, non-medicated birth ended in 3 hospital stays:( They say if you want to make God laugh tell Him your plans.
    Anonymous

• an all natural hypno-birthing VBAC!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009