What can happen if you get pregnant using Mirena IUD as birthcontrol?

Thaifalung20

Asked by Thaifalung20 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its possible to have a miscarraige while having an IUD inserted. If you suspect pregnancy, take a test, then call your GYN if it's positive. The IUD will have to be removed.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• wow, this mirena IUD must SUUCCKK, because I here about people getting pregnant on it all the time on this site!
    I would be Pissed if I got something shoved up my stuff to keep me "safe" and I got knocked up anyway!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 7:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I've had the Mirena IUD and currently have Paragard, both have worked perfectly fine with me. I've been told by my GYN that when pregnancy occurs with an IUD it's because of the placement, whether it was improperly placed in the first place, slipped, or was expelled from the uterus
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• What a nurse once told our pregnancy group was that if pregnancy occurred while using the IUD, it would stay in there until (can't remember correctly) sometime in the second trimester. Then, they would have to remove the object. The risk is that there is a chance of miscarriage.

Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 7:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i got pregnant on mirena. i just got it removed yesterday. i am still pregnant, have not miscarried yet. i have another ultrasound in a week to make sure the baby is ok and the heart is still beating. my ob thinks the baby and i will be fine and i can have a normal pregnancy. as mentioned above, my mirena was out of place and therefore not preventing pregnancy..i will never get mirena again..
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 8:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2009