wic

Photobucket
i went to wic today my son is 2.5 and weighs 42 lbs.. they told me he is over weight.. is he??

what do you ladies think??

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son just turn 3 two weeks ago and he is about 32lbs.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my son is 2 1/2 and weighs around 30 pounds. is he tall? he doesnt look overweight. hes cute!
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• never listen to WIC, if your ped says he is fine then dont worry. WIC told me i was starving my baby when i was pregnant because i had lost a little bit of weight my first trimester due to morning sickness, then they said i put on too much weight, after making me see a dietician that told me to eat WAY too much. My dr, said i was fine the entire time... WIC is very outdated and dont have medical degrees
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 7:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• NEVER LISTEN TO WIC THEY DONT KNOW ANY THING BUT HOW TO MAKE PPL FEEL LIKE CRAP YOUR SON LOOKS PERFECLTY NORMAL AND DEF NOT OVER WEIGHT... ONLY LISTEN TO YOUR DOC
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 7:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• well, that's how much my 5 yr old weighs, but looking at his pic, no he's not overweight. I never listen to people like that. They have no medical training, they go simply by a piece of paper (or computer) and don't take anything else into account. If your dr hasn't told you he's overweight, then just tell them thank you for their opinion, but he's just fine.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• All kids are different.. my son is 18 months and is in the mid 30s (he has a doctors appointment coming up soon, so ill know for sure then).
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• He looks fine to me. he must be tall. Or their scale sucks?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Dont listen to WIC as we go to the same office and see the same people...they said my son Eli was obese!!!! YEEAHHHHH right. They also said that my lil girl was way way way underweight...but what do they know. I only listen to my pedi cuz she knows way more. And she says they are fine! As it is wic is only good for the benifits, not the info :)
    MyMikaela

Answer by MyMikaela at 7:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• he does not look overweight by the picture. my daughter is also 2.5 and weighs 26 pounds. she just has a petite frame but doesn't look underweight. wic has certain guidelines as to what they think is the right weight for each child in accordance to their height, so if its off then they automatically tell you that your child's weight is too much or too little. thats wic for ya!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• he looks good to me. really the people at wic just look off a chart and don't use common sense.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009