Have you sucessfully induced your own labor?

I was just wondering if anyone has attempted to induce their labor early(like between 36 to 38 weeks) and succeeded? My husband is an active duty marine and is deploying 11 days before my daughters due date! And even though 36 weeks is still considered full term(not pre-term) they cannot induce me due to hospital liability. Which is completely understandable. I plan to try all the old wives tales, but I want to see what worked for other moms.

Also, this is my second, and my first came at exactly 41 weeks. And I have no complications along with, lets say reason to believe, she is a week further than they have calculated. So please, don't tell me this is dangerous or irresponsible trying to bring on labor is. I have done my research and talked to my doctor about trying simple things. There is NO HARM to my baby or I wouldn't be doing it. Thanks again!

Lisa_Bug

Asked by Lisa_Bug at 7:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i tried castor oil and it didnt work. i rode over a bumpy field and it didnt work. i walked for hours and finally started having contractions. i was 38 weeks.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Sex ;)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• There's an acupressure point that is supposed to work... here's a link explaining some.  I've never tried it (PG w/ my first) but my massage-therapist SO believes it to the point that he avoids certain areas of my legs when massaging me.  Said it worked for a woman in his class before.

guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 7:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I spent all day walking at a convention... my daughter was born the next day, exactly 38 weeks.
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 7:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• There is walk,sex,spicy food,massage's there are tons.. I was faithful to the sex theroy and I had sex as often as possible and I went into labor at 38 weeks with my first and labor was awesome.. I preach sex to my friends.. But there are tons just google it and you will find tons of ways.. But I believe sexs works plus it's fun lol
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• HAVE SEX BUT MAKE SURE U HAVE AN ORGASM. I DID AND WENT INTO LABOR THAT NIGHT I WAS 34 1/2 WEEKS
    Anonymous

• Just to let you know... 36 weeks is NOT full term. 37 weeks is
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009