linea negra??

i had the linea negra with my first pregnancy and im 26 weeks pregnant with my second and dont have it?? Anyone know why this is??

CaityMarie

Asked by CaityMarie at 7:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's the hormones. With my son I got it as soon as I started showing. Now with this one my hormones are more in check( I believe it's because this is a girl and we share the estrogen) and I am 30 weeks and don't have it. But that's just caused by hormones, so it's nothing to worry about!
    Lisa_Bug

Answer by Lisa_Bug at 7:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Lisa bug, what exactly are you talking about?? "Share the estrogen"? Where did you get that idea? Boys have estrogen too, so did you share it with your son too or are you only sharing it with your daughter?

I had a boy and no linea negra, but then again I've never met a white women who has so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
    Anonymous

• I had a linea negra with my first pregnancy (I'm very fair skinned) and this pregnancy I don't (I'm 36 wks). I'm not really sure why either but I do know that 1st time around it was faint and got darker when I was out in the sun (went on vacation when I was around 24 wks and that's when it really got dark)
    Anonymous

• I had it with my first, a girl. Now I'm 28 weeks with a boy and don't have it. I didn't even notice until this question was asked.
    madelines_mom

Answer by madelines_mom at 9:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009