Help my 1 year old growls like a dog at people!

So I have a Daughter who just turned 1 this week. Everytime she wants to get someone's attention that she doesn't know she sticks her tongue out and spits, growls like a dog or yells super loud. Once they pay attention to her she cracks up laughing. And if she sees a baby it's even worse. It was so cute the first couple times now it's just embarrasing. She does it everytime we're in a store, the park, in line at the post office. I'm not sure what to do, she just loves attention. I am a WAHM and give my kids a lot of attention so she thinks everyone else should too. Help

mommymine3

Asked by mommymine3 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm sorry, I just think it's cute... it's so normal for this age and anyone who knows anything about babies will just smile and maybe growl back. It's adorableness, in a special one-year-old way that goes by allllll tooooo fast.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It's ok. My DD did the same thing and my family teased me really bad because she's the only baby in my family and circle of friends. They said she was being raised by the dog. She out grew it. Though once she growled at my DH and went to bite him in the face cuz he tried to kiss her face.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• IT IS CUTE BUT I UNDERSTAND MY DD IS 16MNTHS OLD AN STILL GROWLING OR SCREAMING TO GET SOME ATTENTION BUT I WAS TOLD IT WOULD EVENTUALLY PASS, SO FOR NOW I JUST LOOK OVER IT AN IF ANYONE KNOW A TODDLER OR HAS ONE THEY SHOULD UNDERSTAND,LOL!!
    Anonymous

• My daughter did the same thing will still occasionally do it now (she just turned 17 months)
    It's cute at first but becomes concerning after a certain point.
    Good news is, she's totally normal!! I have lots of friends with the same age of children and most of theirs have done the same exact thing. They're learning how to use their voice and this just happens to be one of the first and easiest things to produce
    SBC0110

Answer by SBC0110 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009