Birth Control question

I had my daughter 2 months ago and I still havent had a period. My doctor gave me a Rx for the pill and told me to wait till I have a period before I start it. Im just wondering if I can go ahead and start taking it even though I havent had my period yet. My friend is in the same situation and her doc said go ahead and start, so why do I have to wait. Any suggestions? I would really like to start it so we dont give our new daughter a sibling too soon.

linzhh

Asked by linzhh at 7:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Health

• when i came off the birth control shot, i didnt have periods. my dr gave me yaz and told me to start taking it like i had just stopped having a period.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I always started my packs right away.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 8:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Can you call your dr's office and talk to a nurse there? Thats what I would do, if you cant get in touch with a nurse, you may be able to call and ask the pharmacist.
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2009