how much is enough?

my DD is 1month now nd that 2 oz. she used to drink doesnt seem enough now. how much should she be getting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Increase it by an ounce per bottle and see if she is happier... or fill it to 4 oz and see what she takes on average.. if she drinks it all or is she leaves 1/2 to 1 oz each time then that is all she needs for now.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• As much as she wants. A baby will stop when they are full. They go through growth spurts and need more food at those times.

Never deny a baby food because you think it's "too much". It doesn't quite work the same as with adults and kids who eat table food.

I'm sure there's the rare case of a bay who doesn't know when to stop, but I think you'd see signs like massive spit-up and bloating, etc.

OP made a good suggestion. Put 4 ounces in the bottle and see what happens.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 8:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2009