ARE YOU AFRAID OF MUSLIMS?

If not, then why does it matter whether or not Prseident Obama is Muslim? Do you think that someone who is Muslim shouldn't be allowed to be POTUS? I mean, let's stop beating around the bush and let's get right down to the real issues here. What is really the problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Depends, do they have guns and an intent to kill me?
    Anonymous

• The problem is most people ASSume Muslims are terrorists.

I guess the Christian terrorist we had for 8 years was not a problem.

Anonymous

• It doesnt matter if he's a muslim, what matters to me is him lieing about it. Sure, most politicians lie- but does that make it right? Of course not..
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• no, because that would be a horrible assumption. yes, SOME muslims are terrorists, or extremists or whatever.so are SOME christians, but you'd never see a question like this about them.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 8:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Anon:38, As far as you know, NO, they don't and what would make them any different then those in any other religions that carry guns with the intent to kill people, if they did? The question was "are you afraid of someone "just because" they are Muslim????!!!!" -OP
    Anonymous

• Bexi, cool then, I suppose it should be right to assume that you dislike ALL politicians equally then, right? B/c like you said, THEY ALL LIE. -OP
    Anonymous

• "no, because that would be a horrible assumption. yes, SOME muslims are terrorists, or extremists or whatever.so are SOME christians, but you'd never see a question like this about them."

Exactly.

I'm certainly afraid of extremists, of any religion.

That may because I've had rocks and eggs thrown at my head, by a Christian Pro-Life group, when I was volunteering at a women's clinic. Volunteering by handing out information about adoption. Oh, and showing the women to the exam rooms to be seen by the nurse and doctor. Usually for pap smears.

I have more reason to be afraid of Christians than I do Muslims. I've never had a Muslim attack me, throw things at me, or scream obscenities at me. And yet, I am not afraid of them all in general. Just the extremists.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 8:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Nope just those who wish to destroy my country.Our POTUS doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy with alot of the moves he's including the NON moves like hmm where's his speaking out about the Muslim who killed an army recruiter and injured another the other day?
    Anonymous

• Bexi, there is no proof that he lied or is currently a Muslim, just that his mom listed him as such on a school form when he was 10. Coming from extremly partisan sources no less.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• "Bexi, cool then, I suppose it should be right to assume that you dislike ALL politicians equally then, right? B/c like you said, THEY ALL LIE. -OP"

A lot of politicians dont have my respect.. I'd have to say Ron Paul is one of the very very few that do.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2009