Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If my sister and her son move in with me and my DH and DS to they count towards the total # of people in the household for WIC qualification?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (3)
  • Usually WIC goes by total household if they're working then yes it would have to be reported to your WIC office.

    Answer by Samie8183 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

  • They may. I lived with my parents when I was on WIC and they counted myself and my son after he was born as 1 household and my parents as another. I paid them rent and utilities so that could be why.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

  • They count the family as the people you are supporting. So if they support themselves then you wouldn't count them in your family size or add their income to yours.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.