How do you properly do nipple stimulation?

I am wanting to try this and I know you have to do it for some time but I cant find anything online on the proper way to do this. Please go into detail I wont get offended.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh ok...

No you just place your thumb on top on the areola and your pointer finger on the bottom. Gently squeeze while making an upward motion with your pointer finger. This will probably make some colstrum come up and after a while a lot may come out. This is a GOOD thing because that means your doing it right! :)

Does that make sense?

Some women don't have a lot of colostrum before birth so it's OK if your not soaked but have a towl near by just incase. The breastpump is a little less messy because the colostrum can be caught in bottles.

You want to mimic a baby suckling. Some women have their partners do it for them with their mouth but that depends on your comfort level. They either use the method I described above or a breastpump at the local birthing center when they need to induce a women.

Anonymous

• There are right and wrong ways to do nipple stimulation.

If you do it the wrong way it could be dangerous because it could cause hyper stimulation of the uterus much like Pitocin.

My doula (who works closely with a midwife) said the best way to do nipple stimulation is:

2 minutes of pumping or hand nipple stimulation, rest 3 minutes, and then 2 more minutes of nipple stimulation. Then rest for 20 minutes. The midwife suggest walking or having sex during the 20 minutes.

If that doesn't bring on adaquet contractions than you can go with:

3 minutes pumping or hand nipple stimulation, 2 minutes of rest, 3 more minutes of nipple stimulation and then another 20 minute rest.

-ONLY DO ONE BREAST AT A TIME
    -DO NOT USE AFTER CONTRACTIONS ARE AT 3 MINUTES APART OR LASTING 1 MINUTE OR MORE.
    Anonymous

• Thanks but what I am saying is sorry if this is to graphic do I just like twist my nipple in circles or what thats my big question if I do this I want to do it right?
    Anonymous