ladies please help I'm 21 weeks I was told today by an ultrasound that I have a 2 blood vessel umbilical cord..

has this ever happen in anyones pregnancy or do you know someone that it did? I have a dr appt tomorrow but I'm really worried. is this really bad please help thanks

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• did you not find anything with google?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I did but i wanna know if this has happen to someone here and how things turned out
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have a friend who's son was a double vessule cord baby. She was told by her dr that she could abort the baby because of the chances of it having downs syndrome. Her and her dh refused to abort. It was hard on them through the pregnancy, especially my friend. They have a very rambunxious 5 year old boy who is 100% healthy. Be strong.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my 2nd was born with a 2-vessell cord.....normally there are 3. He was born perfectly healthy, exactly on his due date - 7lbs 12oz. They did a lot of non-stress tests (nst's) my last month of pregnancy to monitor him, but he was fine. I do know that a 2-vessel cord, along with other signs can be a possible sign of developmental issues during the pregnancy. With mine, it was the only thing "wrong" or "different" and he is now 6 yrs old and not a thing wrong. Don't stress and I will pray for you!!!
    amommy01

Answer by amommy01 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2009