• In the Spotlight:

how can i loose the weight and maybe even extra skin after birth?

i have a one year old and now i am pregnate agian and i had alot more weight to loose from the first one. will breast feeding help and what about extra skin? i was always a little thick and right before i got preg with my 1st baby i had gained 40lbs making me at 180and then 40 lbs with him. i had 10lbs to go when i found out i was pregnate agian and i really need some advice and maybe cheering up. i am excited about the new baby just not more extra weight.

greenthumbmoma

Asked by greenthumbmoma at 9:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah breastfeeding will help. as for the extra skin. besides a tummy tuck, when you find out, let me know.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• you need to start looking at exercise as physical therapy. You need to do it for your health. Feeling cute in an outfit is just gravy. I would talk to your ob about what activities are good for you. I would suggest swimming, yoga and using a stationary bike. Think outside the box or in this case the gym..go for walks after dinner, play bad mitten or volley ball.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Work outm as for the skin part a tummy tuck is what im considering
    cainesmama

Answer by cainesmama at 9:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'm in pretty good shape right now my stomach has definition and good muscle tone..but I still have extra skin under my belly button.. I too might have it removed when I'm done having kids. I like the tracy anderson dvd ( the one's madonna and gweneth are always endorsing) there great for PP work out. I think they are to advanced for pregnancy.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'm with the other ladies on this 1. Exercising helps alot. I still have a belly from mine asnd she's 3yrs old so it don't happen over night. Hell. i wish all women could go back to their prepregnancy weight. that would be awesome.
    mommyof302

Answer by mommyof302 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I don't know what to do about the extra skin(I'm still working that one out:-p) but as for the weight, I took a fitness walking class while I was in my 3rd trimester (walked for a mile then rode a stationary bike for about 20 min or so) and my baby is 3 months old now and I am -3 lbs from what I was before I was pregnant. Plus I'm breastfeeding, which I was told helps with the weight loss.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Breastfeeding DEFINATELY helps! It burns 500 calories a day when you breast exclusively!

I lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks after having my daughter and all I did during that time was breastfeed!

After that I started walking and swimming for cardio. Then I joined curves to help with definition. You really need resistance training and core work outs to tone your tummy.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon 9:31 I also lost close to 30 lbs in 6 weeks exclusivly breastfeeding my 2nd. My 1st was FFed and it took me ONE YR 2 loose 20 lbs!!
    lionslambs

Answer by lionslambs at 10:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009