How young was your baby when you decided to let them sleep in a crib?

My 1 1/2 month old daughter has sleept in a bassanet since she was born, and I was wondering if it was okay to let her sleep in her crib. People have told me to wait until she is at least 3 months old. Should I wait or let her sleep in her crib?

mommy-17

Asked by mommy-17 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was 8 months old when he went to sleep in his crib. I was paranoid having him so far away from me.
    Anonymous

• I put my DD in the crib at 3 months!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 9:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I put my daughter in her crib at about that age (1.5mos). I found out that my fiance's mom NEVER had any of her four kids in her room. I was a little nervous at first though because I had gotten used to hearing her breathing at night but through the baby monitor I could only hear some noises. Do you have a baby monitor? If you don't, I would invest in one before you move her out of your room.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my son is 4.5 mos and still sleeps in our room. he sleeps in his room during the day when he naps. idk but i'm super paranoid about him being in his own room at night. i just like knowing that he's in arms reach when he's in our room.
    smb87

Answer by smb87 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• 6 months is the youngest I have put any of my kids into a crib.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• 5 weeks... he fussed a bit the first night, but the second night i wove (weaved?) a t-shirt i had worn that day in the slats of the crib so i smelled like me. (he didn't sleep with me, but his moses basket was right next to my side of the bed) worked like a charm!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My ds slept in the bassinet in our room or the pack and play we had in the living room if one of us were sleeping on the couch. I started him in his crib at 3 months.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• 3 months but only beuase we didnt have room for them in their own rooms till then... if we would ahve had extra rooms it would have been from day 1
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• 4mo. Itireally just depends on your level of comfortability, and the weight limits on the bassonet. They say to keep baby in bassonet until at least 3mo.
    captnmorgan23

Answer by captnmorgan23 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• The twins were a few weeks old, but DS was too long for the width of the portable crib we had in our room, so we had to move him. It's all up to you though. My oldest slept with me for several years... (ex and I separated and that was the only way I could get him to sleep at about 2)
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 10:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2009