• In the Spotlight:

Any one else having a really hard time finding a job?

I was laid off in January and I am having a really difficult time fidning a job! I spend countless hours writing cover letter, sending resumes searching on line ect.... its been almost 6 months and I have not had 1 interview. I am evenapplying for jobs that pay 40K less than what I was making. Is anyone else having a hard time out there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have been trying for three years now. I haven't gotten a interview any where and I am sending applications to towns I had never even heard of. It's a very tough market out there.
    Anonymous

• OP here.....3 years! AHHH what state do you live in? I am in PA Philadelphia area.
    Anonymous

• ive been trying to find a job for a yr now
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes, I have been looking every since I graduated college. I'm working a part-time, $8 an hour job, but I don't really count that as a job. I want a full time job with benefits and a little better pay. I feel like my college degree is a waste since I can't find a job.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My hubby is looking for a job and has been for going on 2months now. Has APS out but noone is calling him back or anything.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Hey girl! Not sure if this will help, but I had to leave my job and now I have a home based business. IMO it's great - I have no set schedule (I work when I want/can), no set income (what I make directly reflects my work) and I get to stay home with my family. If you want more information visit my page or even PM me. I hope you find something soon!! Best of Luck!  ~ Jessica

jjk45xox

Answer by jjk45xox at 9:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• http:www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    I also work for West at Home, it's answering calls sorta like telemarketing, but this company works with companies like Proflowers, Sears, Avaya. Just depends on where they need help but it's all at home and on the phone.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Jobs are extremely hard to find right now. If you need income between jobs, try this site: http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Jobs are closing down left and right. There's no stability anywhere right now and it makes the companies downsize instead of hire. I have begun working online for Avon. I started as an eRepresentative and have worked up to Sales Leader. The harder you work, the more you make. Fact is, women want to look and feel good even in these harsh times. Are you good at selling? Do you enjoy working with people? Do you enjoy being at home with your kids? These are the very reasons I went in with Avon and I have not regretted it . Of course, I'm not making the 6 figure income yet by any means, but I'm working my way up. If you'd like to sell Avon, you can sign up for only $10 dollars or $20 online and get all you need to get started. From there, it's up to you how well you do. You are your own boss, running your own business. however, there's tons of support from District Managers, Unit Leaders, Sales Leaders, etc. so you're never left
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• on your own. Seriously, I have tried every online business out there and have lost sooo much money. Avon was my last hope. We have a very sick little boy, 2 other children, and a mountain of bills. Avon has helped renew my confidence and given me something to reach for.
    If you're interested in signing up to sell, you can email me or go to my website and sign up. I'll be here to answer any questions you may have and will find you your local District Manager who will work with you personally. My email is: m.dee.bulger@gmail.com Website: www.youravon.com/dbulger. It's worth a try!!!!
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009