Who is a member of the mean mommys club? what did you do to get in?

My2 1/2 yr old called me mean mommy for the first time today :( I know it shouldnt bother me that much but it did.. i wasnt being mean.. i was just making him eat his breakfast before he went to go play ( hes a stubborn child) eventaully he ate it and then told me i was nice mommy now.. but i still felta a little sad.. but i figure we all join the mean mommys club at one point or another..

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• oh Hell I am the president of the mean mommy club...My daughter is 17 and a half and my son (baby) is 13 can I tell you was inducted into the club about 15 years ago. I have the badges, the pins, wall plaques and I carry a member card.. I believe the first time was because I would not let my daughter run down the hallway with a sucker in her mouth...as for the other bazillion reasons...I figure it's just because I was doing my job and doing it right!!!! Congrats to you..we always have room for more..*winks*

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I've been a member of the mean mommy's club for a long time. I became a member 5 years ago when my then 3 year old daughter got sent to her room for drawing onthe walls with permanant marker. The mean part was followed by "I hate you" If I hadn't already been a step mom to a teenager those words would have stung a lot worse, lol. So far in my son's eyes I am still the best mommy in the whole wide world :) He's only 4 though, I'm sure that will change with time.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Welcome to the club sweetie. I joined several years ago when my now 11 yr old son refused to go to school. Now with 3 almost 4 kids I am living in this club in at least one childs eyes at almost all times.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I am a mean mommy everyday, I tell my 5 year old no and I am mean and I am screaming at her, although my voice never goes up. Kids do it because thats the only thing they know to say to you when they are upset. But then they get old enough to know it bothers you like my little girl and they do it to try to get you to say ok you can do that. I am mean and proud of it!!! LOL
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my dd just started this week with im going to shoot u and im going to kill u...im like what the hell..where is she getting this from...no one in my family says that stuff and she hasnt seen her dad in 4 weeks....we dont have cable so she isnt getting from there either. she only allowed to watch walt disney stuff or cartoons. i mean if she angry i want her to have a vocabulary she can use to exspress her anger with out getting in trouble. i try saying no we dont say that we instead we need to say this...but it hasnt worked yet...
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have been a member of the mean mommy club for 13 years. I signed a contract in the hospital when my son was born to be a mean mommy. I had to sign it before he could leave the hospital with me. LOL!!!!!!! That is what my friend and I told our kids and they believed us. The sad thing is they are all over the age of 10!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have been a member of the mean mommy club for a very long time, I tell my kids I'm mean because I love them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My son once called me a bully :(
    Anonymous

• my son is 5 and ive never been called that lol i guess im lucky so far .
    we will see how long it lasts
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My oldest child is almost 15, so if the mom of the 17 yr old is pres, then I must be vice pres...LOL. Ive been here for a long time. Ive heard, "youre mean", "I dont like you anymore", "why dont you ever let me do anything", "you never listen to me", "we never go anywhere", "you love her more than me", ect ect ect. I could go on, but you get the point. I am sure that with my youngest only being 3, I will be a member for quite sometime. My card hasnt yet expired...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:31 AM on Jun. 4, 2009