OMG is lots of baby acne normal?? Will it scar my baby?

Baby is in her 2nd month of age. Bath is just water on her face with a cotton ball. No soap, no lotion and no ointment.

mtk35

Asked by mtk35 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will be fine, but just DONT PICK IT. My brother had it when he was a baby and my mother didnt know not to pick it and she left a few scars on his face, not bad though.

Anonymous

• My daughter had it really badly too (all over her face, neck, and chest>.<) and it's gone now and she doesnt have any scars. But definitely DON'T pick at it.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my daughter is also on her 2nd month. She started to get acne about 3-4 weeks ago. It was all over her head and face and some on her upper chest upper back and on her arms. It's finally begining to clear up. After her bath at night i put Eucerin lotion all over her body and on her face.
    Emmasmom2009

Answer by Emmasmom2009 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I just talked to a friend about this at work. My baby is now 3.5 months old and she had a little bit and it is all gone. My friend as a 5 week old and her daughter's baby acne was so bad that the doctor sent her to a dermatologist that deals with infants. They gave her some cream and about a week later it has gotten better but she still has a lot.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Don't worry about it. Babies have spent the first 9 months of their lives in your nice cozy belly!
    they're still getting used to the air out here!
    It'll go away, and it is very important to not pick at it like the other mommy's said!
    Never ever ever pick at baby acne. And it'll be fine.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 3:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Breastmilk can help clear it up. Stay away from harsh soaps/detergents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2009