HOw long did it take you to unpack the last time you moved?

hoping to get this done in under a week

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• One weekend. I had a babysitter for the weekend and we moved everything and unpacked and had it ready by the time he was home!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 9:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I don't think I have ever unpacked completely.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 5:06 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I dont know but I am getting ready to do this as well. We are moving next weekend. I have basically gotten everything boxed up. I sold a lot of my furniture so theres not much to move, but we have a lot of miscellaneous crap. Oh and 4 kids...LOL We will see.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:28 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We have just moved int our new home, 8 days ago. And we are no-where near done, we inhertied this house and it is 100x the size of our other house and i'm not joking lol. And we need mostly new carpets and fresh coats of paint because it is quite old-fashioned so god knows how long it will take.
    MummyMiller

Answer by MummyMiller at 8:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Does anybody ever actually get it all unpacked? I think there's an old wives tale that if as soon as you get everything unpacked and don't have any more moving boxes that you'll move again. Sort of like after you get done having babies and getting rid of all of the maternity clothes and all that stuff that if you don't save a piece or two that you'll get knocked up again? lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We just moved on Monday...we still have a few boxes to got through...lol.
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 12:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We unpacked as we went. I loaded up a bunch of laundry baskets at the old place, drove them to the new place, and put stuff away. Everything was put away by the end of moving day. Doing it that way made me put stuff away immediately, since I needed those baskets to be empty for the next car load.

Last time we had a "real" move, where we had to hire a truck and have them move us across the country, we unpacked in a day.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Technically it took us four months. But that was because we were waiting to unpack until my husband was finished doing a bunch of remodeling. Once we started unpacking, though, it took about a day or two. We don't mess around.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• For most everything it took about 3 months.
    It's been over 2 years now and I still have a few boxes here and there that I still need to unpack...LOL. They have things in them to hang on my bedroom walls but we are going to repaint the walls before I hang them so I figured there was no sense in unpacking them.
    We're painting all the bedrooms and bathrooms one by one as we get money and time. We have one more daughter's bedroom to paint and then it will be our turn. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2009