HELP!

Ok, so i was wondering if its possible that i could resume breastfeeding. my daughter is 2 months old, and i stopped breastfeeding about a month ago. i'm still leaking every now and again.. is it possible that if i got her to latch on again that my milk supply would go back up? i really miss it and i really regret stopping. it was the stupidest thing i ever did! i HATE preparing bottles in the middle of the nite and having to clean and sanitize them all the time. it was so much easier to just plop her on the boob at nite and let her eat! lol.

psylees_mommy

Asked by psylees_mommy at 9:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that if you still have milk that feeding her will increase the milk supply and you could continue breastfeeding. I also heard somewhere that there is a pill or something that you can take to increase the milk but I'm not 100% sure on that.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Here is a link with info on what you can do

http://www.alisaikeda.com/Clients_Clips/Relactation/body_relactation.html
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 9:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• wow thank you! that link was very helpful!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 10:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Your welcome and good luck I hope everything works out for you
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 10:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• yeah! I'm so glad your going to try again. For bresatfeeding support check out www.llli.org (La Leche League) and talk to a LLL leader in your area when you search on the site for groups near you. They have so much information and so many women who know a lot and are breastfeeding and willing to help :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• YAY!! It's TOTALLY possible especially since it's only been a month and you're leaking. Also google "relactation" and you'll get a lifetime of info.

Good luck!! What a great choice :)
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 11:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2009