Is this just my child or does anyone elses do this?

I've noticed on days where my baby skips a nap or takes short ones, she's up later at night vs. days where she takes long naps, she will go to bed early at night. Is this just my child or does yours do this to? Also, do you know why she does this?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 9:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• mine will wake up more at night if she is over tired. so if she wakes up early and doesn't get a nap (most days she doesn't take a nap at all anymore but some times if she wakes up before 9 she has to take a nap or she won't sleep at night). they get so over stimulated and tired they pass the tired point and get right back to the hyper point.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Mine has done that before. I have know idea why though
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 9:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• well vabchmommy pretty much said exactly what I was going to say lol. kids don't sleep well at all if they are over-tired.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• wow..my daughter used to do the exact same thing!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Neither of mine (3 & 4) nap anymore and they go to bed early, but on days one may fall asleep in the car (rare), they have a tougher time going to sleep, so for me, the answer is - no, mine do not do this.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• About every 4 or 5 weeks my daughter will just stay up all night for no reason. Then her days and night will be mixed up for about a week. Them she's back to normal. We're in a normal time right now and I love it. She is 3.5 yrs old. But she didn't do what your baby is doing. If she had a nap then she was up late. Every kid is different and they all have weird sleep patterns. I'd just find what works best and stick with that.
    Princess02266

Answer by Princess02266 at 7:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2009