Can someone with thick curly hair pull off a sleek straight bob?

My hair is a thick tangled frizzy mess. I dont have the time or energy to blow dry it straight when it is long and when it is curly it is just a big ole mess. So do you think that if I got the stylist to thin it out and I cut it short like Katie Holmes that I could pull off a sleek straight bob like hers (if I blow dried it straight everyday of course)? Any other suggestions?

abs0726

Asked by abs0726 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Yes...and it would be better if you could get a CHI Iron and straighten it also. That makes it more sleek. I have long very thick hair...and i do mine almost daily. IT just goes in a pony tail better cause the straightener actually makes it thinner.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 9:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• When it is humid out, your heat-straightened hair will frizz right back up.
    You can either spend a day and hundreds of dollars getting your hair chemically straightened, or you can find a stylist who will give you a great cut for your hair. If you are in Chicago, contact me.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think your idea is wonderful, but can you really do it every day??????, I think you should try a hair cut for type of hair medium lenght (in case is a rush or lazy day and you pull it in a pony), and flat iron any day you can. I have the same hair us you and I have a bob and sometimes I don/t have time to iron it and is a mess. Good luck!!!!
    sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• dont do any thing crazy while ur pregnant. seriously, nothing dramatically different till later.
    linzhh

Answer by linzhh at 6:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2009