Almost 6 year old with headaches and throwing up?

This is my niece, the doctor said it is probably just stress. Any others ideas or at least ways to help her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I immediately thought of stress. Have you taken her to see someone that deals with migrains? It just isn't quite that normal for a 5 year old to be getting headaches like that. I work for a Head and Neck Specialist who is also a ear nose and throat doctor and if a child came in with that he would probably get a MRI of his head. Just for extra precautions.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• This sounds silly, but.... my son use to get a headache and I would give him motrin and later he would throw up.... guess what... Motrin was upsetting his stomach and making throw up- DUH! It took me several rounds of headaches to put it together!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• "just stress"? And that's how the doctor deals with it?

I appreciate that a 6 year old CAN have stress but I would hope the doctor could suggest some ways to help cope with it. I mean headaches and vomiting is pretty severe for "stress" at any age would you agree?

How did the doctor rule out anything else? What exams/tests were run?
    auroragold

Answer by auroragold at 6:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2009