How can I get my baby to eat meat?

She used to love meat when it was pureed and she was eating baby food. But, now she won't eat baby food anymore and will only eat finger foods. But, she will not eat her meat. I've tried so many different types of meat and ways to cook it and even mix it with veggies, pasta, fruit, whatever and she'll eat everything but the meat. Anything else I can try?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 10:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think this is a normal thing for kids. My girlfriend's daughter is almost 2 and still won't eat meat.

My daughter is 12 months and so far I can only get her to eat chicken and pork, and only sometimes. I chop it up for her super small, and sometimes she'll eat it, sometimes not.

So long as you can get her to eat other things high in protein, like eggs, beans, etc. then no worries.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• the meat may be too difficult for her to eat right now. maybe try boneless fish that is a little softer. ground hamburger is softer too, than other meats. just keep putting some on her plate and as she gets older you may find her eating more of it. if not she just may not be a big meat eater and you'll have to add protein and iron strong foods (peanut butter, beans etc...to her diet)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• She doesn't even need meat. You can find plenty of things to give her the protein she needs.

A friend of mine says her baby DEVOURS tofu, maybe try that. She just cubes it up raw, but you can cook it also.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• how old is ur baby?? food b4 12 months is just 4 experiment, getting used to the spoon etc. I wouldn't worry 2 much about it till she is older.
    lionslambs

Answer by lionslambs at 10:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I just shred it for my DS and I sit there and eat it and just put a piece in his mouth and keep eating it. If you make it a big deal then they know its a big deal but just eat it with her, like when you have something they want make her want it if you have it then she'll eat it.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• hard boiled eggs. Sometimes kids just go through a phase where they just won't eat a certain food. They will come back to it. Try offering a few times a month, or every other month. My Raven for a while wouldn't eat cheap-o hotdogs but would eat her fathers hebrew national hotdogs.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 11:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2009