pain or pressure?

my doctor told me yesterday that my babys head is down pretty far, and today i have been feeling uncomfortable in my lower stomach. could that be pressure from her head maybe? it's kind of painful, but not really. it sort of feels like when you have gas (tmi probably..sorry, but idk how else to describe it), and i cant imagine it being contractions because my doctor told me i will laugh when i have an actual contraction because i thought these tiny pains were the real thing. I also had the exam done yesterday, and i know she said some blood will be normal, but i honestly cannot remember if this is a normal feeling as well.

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 10:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be her moving down into position. i felt pain when he started dropping like that
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I am 30 weeks along and I have had that pressure for about 2 months now. My baby is VERY low also. I have pains in the vaginal area a lot and even had some contractions.

I would say its because of the baby being so low.
    fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 10:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I was having the EXACT same thing! I'm 35 weeks. How far along are you?

The pressure was really quite strong and can be some what painful at times. It seems to come and go but not like a contraction.

I got checked today too. It seems to have subsided but it did last for a good 2 hours of more.

I'm still having a TON of pressure though. I've been to the bathroom to pee like 200 times today because of the pressure!
    Anonymous

• I am due in 10 days, lol. Almost 39 weeks. I am glad that I am not the only one. It does seem to come and go, I know what you mean.

I am really nervous that it's going to be a contraction and I won't know to keep track and all that. Im sure i'll know the difference when an actual contraction happens, but as a first timer I just have no clue and am FREAKING out!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Don't' worry! Even if you ARE experiencig contractions they will eventually get stronger and that's when you have to worry about timing them.

Some women can have light contractions for a couple of days before the big, affective ones hit. You WILL know when they are doing something!
    Anonymous