Something to make you go hmmm.....

Ok, so I lay awake at night thinking of weird things and this is what I came up with last night.

You know how they say when women live together their cycles sync? So what if a woman who is really irregular (35-40 days) moves in with someone who is on the pill. Will the woman who is irregular become regular? Or does she not become regular because the woman who is on the pill has less/no pms?

This is purely hypothetical. Just something I was curious about.

sadira29

Asked by sadira29 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ok wow somebody like me. I do that I sit and think of the most off the wall questions, my husband HATES it. Because I am constantly asking him these out there questions that nobody could ever answer. Right now I am stuck on how things get their names. Like I know that most of the English language comes from words in other languages but how do things in any lauguage get there name. Who decided a chair was going to be called a chair, who said a tree will be a tree. I know it was decided thousands of years ago in another language but who decided in any language. Do you get what I am saying. I told you out there questions I can come up with them.
    Now to your question. I think it has to do with the hormone signals we give off during our period that sync them up. Because it is always the alpha female, or female in charge who everyone follows. Like I got on my mother's cycle when I was a teenager. IDK
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• That is a really good thought/question. I wonder!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• BTW its the same way at work. At least mine. Most of the women have the same cycle
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• when i was living with my mom, i was on the depo shot and didnt have periods. so when it was her time of the month, i got moody and all the other symptoms but never actually had a period. it was crazy
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I know its weird when I was younger my mom got a hysto so when I period'd she got crazy with me! Woman are just crazy!! I love being one though boobs get you so much!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yep, it works. When I lived with my aunt while going to college, we ended up on the same cycle. Drove my uncle crazy! When my cousin would come home from her college a few hours away she would walk into hormone central and our cycle would screw hers up royally! She was so mad! All we did was laugh about it! We would even call to warn her that we started but she would still come home! Lol!
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Hmm. That IS a good question! I never thought about that....interesting....
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• terimelisa - im sooo with you on that whole who decided what should be what..and have always wondered the same thing..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My dd and I have the same cycle. Double trouble is what the hubby says!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I noticed for a few months that my daughters and I were within a week of each other of starting our periods, which I thought was funny.
    Now we are all on completely different cycles.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:19 AM on Jun. 4, 2009