Baby Boot Camp: CIO

About how long does it take for the CIO method to be affective, because we are on night 6 and it seems to be come and go. Last night he fell asleep within an hour night before it took 4. Isn't it supposed to be like a week and then they are trained? I know every baby is different but like whats the longest it took yours to fall asleep on there own?

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• everyone told me it would take about 3 days. it took about 7 or 8, but it was the best thing we could have done for all parties involved. chin up mama!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• sometimes i was up all night with her....
    Anonymous

• wish i could help.. ive never had a problem with CIO.. but we do a mild version from birth.. so amybe thats why.. we arent affraid to let our 1-2-3 month olds cry for a min or 2... good luck and if you wnat more advise feel free to pm. me

if you can stick with it its totally worth it!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• how old is he?
    Anonymous

• Im sticking with it!! Its been a long week but I guess I should have said my DS is 6 months old so hes old enough to CIO.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• you let your 6 mnth old cry for 4 hours??? thats mean. my dd is 7 mnths and i could NEVER let her scream for 4 hours wondering why mommy wont get her or help!
    Anonymous

• . Isn't it supposed to be like a week and then they are trained?.....hes not a puppy,u dont train him!
    Anonymous

• Six months?? Are you serious?!? "Trained"??

I'm all for letting a kid cry for a while if I know all his needs are met & he's just being stubborn about bedtime... but 6 months?!? Good Gawd! 16 monts -- yeah, I can see... but I have to agree with a previous poster --- that's just cruel!
    Anonymous

• Well thats what it is like going to school your being trained to be a productive citizen jeeze stop being so literal, You think I really left him alone for 4 hours idiot, I checked on him every half hour put him back in spot fixed his blanky gave him a kiss and turned on his mobile. Jeeze people you think I care about how I wrote the quest havent slept in 6 months!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• FOUR hours? Are you friggin insane??? That poor poor baby. I can't even imagine how you have a concience. Where is your heart?? YOU ARE THIS CHILD'S MOTHER!!!!

FOUR HOURS?!!?

I'm sorry a tiny dribbling baby that has been on this planet for 6 months can't please you enough to sleep all night. Babies aren't designed that way! What did you think having kids was gonna be like?

I just want to cry reading this, how CRUEL.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 11:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2009