I NEED SOME HELP....

ME AND MY MOTHER HAD A ARGUMENT TODAY. WHENEVER I HAVE A DISCUSSION I LIKE TO SEE ALL VIEWS AND SIDES OF A STORY AND MY MOTHER THINKS SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING AND IS SOOOOOOO TUNNEL VISIONED. I CAN NEVER TALK TO HER.

ME AND MY MOTHER DOESN'T HAVE THE BEST OF RELATIONSHIP
AND CANNOT COMMUNICATE WELL. HONESTLY I JUST WANT TO WRITE HER OFF. BUT THEN AGAIN SHE'S MY MOTHER. I WANT TO REALLY DISTANTS MY SELF FROM HER. I HAVE A DAUGHTER MYSELF AND I DO NOT WANT THE RELATIONSHIP THAT ME AND MY MOM HAS.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• agree to disagree, its your mom
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I agree... agree to disagree.
    I always had a good relationship with my Mom and she died when I was 20, and although I miss her, I am at peace with her passing (am so thankful she's not in pain anymore) but with my Dad, I wrote him off over something that was really stupid. I didn't agree to disagree, I just gave up and wouldn't talk to him. He died before I could tell him that although I don't agree with his way of thinking all the time (not very often actually), I still loved him.
    I will forever be sorry for not saying it wasn't worth what it cost me.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• well honestly i can say i know EXACTLY what your talkin about and you know what i have writen off my mom for 3 yrs maybe...and you know what either way it wouldn't bother me if it happened again cuz like you said i love my mom but omg! i can't talk to that woman sometimes unless my dad pisses me off then she's jus full of bonding. and then she favors my bro to the extreme and on top of that she very rarely sees my daughter or knows much about her. i jus dont see the point in tryin to communicate to someone who wont atleast meet you half way! idk all i can say is i can relate but hopefully you can fix ur relationship..idk good luck though.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009