If you have been pregnant before...What were you doing when you went into labor?

How far apart were your contractions when you went to the hospital? (if you went to the hospital)

How dialated were you when you got to the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My contractions were about 2 min. apart, lasting about a min.
    My water broke so that is why I went to the hopital.
    I was 2 cm.
    Anonymous

• i didnt have contractions.. i wnet because my water was leaking< mind you i wnet 7 hours after it started leaking> i was still 2 cm and had been that way for 6 weeks... comtractions didnt start till 12 hours after my water broke...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• with my first I was at work, on my second to last day of the job. contractions were 5 minutes apart, but not horrible. I was about a 3 1/2. With my second we were at home watching a movie, the contractions were about 3 minutes apart, and I don't remember how dialated I was.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 10:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I was asleep when I went into labor. I was having contractions every four minutes the day before. Went in was dilated to a three they sent me home I was back a couple hours later at a five and pushed out my boy so I asked the nurse if she was wrong the night before telling me it was braxton hicks and not 'real labor' lol she pissed me off.. haha but its all good now.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I was bent over picking up a game of monopoly when my water broke. I ran to the bathroom because I thought I peed my pants. Then I realized it was greenish and just not stopping and got so freaked out that I started to cry! My mom had bought me all these different sizes of pads for after I had the baby...lol, I asked my SO to bring me a pad and he brought me a panty liner! The whole thing is kind of comical looking back. I didn't contract naturally at all, and it took 12 hours of pitocin to make me contract hard enough to dilate at all!

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• For my first I was getting ready for bed. The contractions were about 10 minutes apart, but since the baby wasn't due yet, they had me come in.

The second I had just gotten up in the morning. Contractions about 5 minutes apart. My husband ignored speed limits on the way to the hospital. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 10:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My first born son, I was at home. Contractions started at around 4pm, at 8pm they moved up, over my hips and down into my lower back. At midnight we went to the hospital. Don't know how dilated. He was born at 1:12pm.

My second son, I went in on Sept. 11 (yes, that Sept. 11th) with early contractions. Got sent home. MIL picked me up the next day and walked my pregnant butt off. 6PM that night my contractions kicked up even more, went to the hospital at around midnight, again. Was in the hospital for almost 24 hours (they had to stop my labor so I could sleep, I was that exhausted). After finding out his head was caught on my cervix, and fixing that problem, my son was born at 9PM two days after the towers were hit.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• lol i was 32 weeks and just got out of the shower dried myself off and went into the bed room and was expecting to have sex and before i even walked all the way to the bed my water broke. Thinking i peed myself i cleaned my self off and sat down. As soon as i stood up it did it again and i was on my way to the er. The bad thing was i had just left an ob appointment before i got home and she told me everything was fine. I guess she was wrong!!!
    Jessi101088

Answer by Jessi101088 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I was at work teaching my kiddos when my water broke. I had to go straight to the hospital. When I got to the hospital I was having contractions 3 mins apart lasting about a min each. I never thinned out or dialated and ended up with a c-section.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• with my first 3 it was after sex. started having contractions. my 4th they scheduled to enduced me the day befoe she was due. and the last one i was having contractions for a week befor i finally went in. i have never done the whole thing on my own so i didnt know. with this one i hope its soon and since the last i hope i can by myself.
    v.roth

Answer by v.roth at 11:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2009