How do I respond to my 13 year old when he says to go "F%^$# myself". I want the "psycho mom "to come out and smack him in the mouth bad but i need to control myself .

going through a rough time with the ex and he's against counseling .

evie711

Asked by evie711 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• uhm I would have done exactly that smacked him right upside his head.. I'd had whooped his a**

and generally speaking I am not into hitting very rare in my home but that!? oh yeah I would
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• he's 13 years old he's old enough for a pop in the mouth. he needs to learn not to disrepect women like that ESPECIALLY his momma!
    Anonymous

• Sorry, if it was my 13 year old he would have no teeth left. I don't care what your ex is against, your son needs anger management and he needs it now. Before he knocks you on your ass. If the ex doesn't like your son in counseling then tell him to take him and deal with it himself.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• ya i would have poped him in his mouth!!! he is just going to do it again untill you put your foot down....by doing nothing you just told him what he did was okay.....
    Anonymous

• If my child ever even thought of talking to me like that he would be miserable. Everything would be gone until he learned to treat me with some respect. Literally take the door of the hinges and leave him with just his bed, blankets, and clothing, and make him EARN back every luxury he had before. NO WAY should a child get away with that!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• He would be getting my palm across his mouth. Boys should be raised to respect women.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• how agressive was he when he said that? oh yah. dont hold back. hes 13, thats plenty old enough for a pop in the mouth
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• That is the one offense where my son ever phlsically diciplined anymore, any show of open hostility , or disrespect will earn him a quick slap in the face.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 11:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Wow....you have a lot of self restraint because one of my kids talked to me like that (it's never happened) I have a feeling that my husband would knock him in to a wall. And, we don't even spank our kids, never have. That would be the one thing that would probably make us resort to something physical. It's never presented itself but I can imagine my husband coming unglued if one of our sons ever acted that way towards me or to any other female or to him.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My mother is going through the same thing with my twin brothers and any time they pull that stunt, she pops them full in the mouth and takes away EVERYTHING. No computer, video games, phone calls, or life in general LOL. They go to school, come straight home, and sit in the living room with their noses in books until their grounding is up. She did the same thing with me and now... I'm a massive bookworm.

But definetly nip it in the butt now before he begins to think that's how he treats all women. If he can't show respect to his own mother, who are we to expect him to show respect to other women? I say knock his teeth out, Mama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2009