Any try/did IUI?

My hubby (sorry I don't know any of the short terms) n I have been for awhile. We have this doctor that we both really like n we are comfortable with n he has decided to do IUI on me. I was wondering if anyone has done the procedure or gettin' ready to try it as us? If you have tried it before wat was ur out come? And could u tell me more about it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My twins are IUI babies. They were conceived on my 3rd IUI cycle. Your doctor's office may have an information sheet or booklet that they can give you that will tell you what the procedures are in their office. You can also get the basic idea from webmd, Mayo Clinic, or any fertility clinic websites. If you have a more specific question about it feel free to send me a message.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Unfortunately my IUI did not work but, I only had 1 fallopian tube so it may have been bad timing. I had a bit of cramping afterwards but, not too bad. Good Luck. D
    BigboyMom

Answer by BigboyMom at 11:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I also have only one fallopian tube, but on May 1st they went in and clipped it off so it doesn't cause any problems in the future. I am in the beginning stages of in vitro, scheduled for the transfer in September. Good luck!
    jennielou79

Answer by jennielou79 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i did my first iui Wednesday morning....they take the sperm and wash it in a solution to get rid of the bad sperm and the semen as the semen can cause infection to the women...then they take all the good sperm..in my case there were 14 million....and put it into a catheter syringe....then they go through the cervix and deposit the sperm into the uterus....2 weeks we will know if it worked...GL

MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 1:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2009