pains

i am 35 weeks 2 days lastnight i was havin these sharp pains in my stomach and could sleep.. i aso was throwing up and had diarrae wat could it be

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dehydration can cause pains. If you are vomiting and have diarrhea, that can cause dehydration. If it does not get better, I would call the dr or go to the er. You might have to get IV fluids.
    ChristianNurse

Answer by ChristianNurse at 11:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Not sure since I don't know exactly the pains, were they different from contractions/braxton hicks ?

I am also 36 weeks and having braxton hicks, menstrual cramps both back and front and now diarrhea. I also have been feeling nauseous off and on which I never did with my previous 2 kids. I figure it's all part of the "getting ready for labor" process.

J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Oh yes like someone mentioned make sure you are getting lots of fluids. That is the first thing I do when I feel an increase in braxton hicks.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It COULD be kidney stones . I had them when I was pregnant and thought I was going to die. It depends on the level of pain ... it is HORRIBLE pain. I always had a lot of throwing up as well.
    Just a thought ... I hope it isn't!
    carriemills

Answer by carriemills at 7:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2009