I have medicaid and i want to work, can I?

I want to work, but im worried that it will affect my medicaid insurance. I need help!

phylicia09

Asked by phylicia09 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• So, find a job with benefits. As far as my understanding, No. You cannot work, which is not a real legit reason not to work... although, I understand you having to think twice about it. I would just suggest a real job with benefits.
    Anonymous

• duh yes you can.. you just ccan't make more then 1100 a month which is what it is in my state.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Of course you can work! In my state, i just have to report my change of income, and how much i will be making hourly.
    I had a good job while i was pregnant and on medicaid and worked 30 hours a week up until i was about 38 weeks pregnant...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes, you just can't make over a certain amount. (I don't know the amount). Also, companies have cut back on Health Benefits. So, I am pretty sure there's a stipulation if that you are offered health benefits, you need to contact the medicaid office.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 2:29 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You can work as long as you do not go over the required maximum income Medicaid allows for your family.

Make sure you tell them ASAP you are working, and all info they may need, tell them.
    I've heard if you go over the income amount you are allowed each month, then they may stop your benefits, as overtime is what can make it a bit rough, but you have to let them know of any changes.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I get medicaid for pregnant women and my income is about $3200 a month. Not sure if it is regualr medicaid but I know medicaid for pregnant women they take into consideration most of your bills and this and that so I don't think you should be affected.
    JessieGoins

Answer by JessieGoins at 1:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You have an income limit you can make varies by state.Some people need insurance bad and want to work but can only make minimum wage very discouraging.Alot of people too ignorant to realize this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2009