Metformin? Does it really work.

I just recently started on 500mg of Metformin. My dr. said it can help with getting pregnant. I just wanted to know if this was true or not, or are me & my husband setting our selfs up for dissappointment. It a set time of how long it will actually take for us to get pregnant.

BECKYBEAR0507

Asked by BECKYBEAR0507 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I never knew Metformin could be used for that. I am taking it because my blood sugar was a little high, and it's supposed to help a little with weight control. Have you talked to your doctor about Clomid? It's supposed to be one of the best fertility drugs out there. It didn't work for me (because of an underlying problem) but my pharmacist was pregnant in two months!! Good luck!
    jennielou79

Answer by jennielou79 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009