Abortion Issue

I've been reading everyone's Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice debates and it got me thinking.
Women have been aborting children since the dawn of time for one reason or another. Pennyroyal will flush out the uterus, and many women almost died from using unsterile things like coat hangers to bring on a miscarrage.
Isn't it better to have knowledgeable doctors practicing safe methods to do this rather than women trying to DIY it? Being illegal never stopped abortions from happening.

paganmom05

Asked by paganmom05 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• your opening a can a worms!!! why would you post this no abortions are wrong ~~~~~~~~~HAVING AN ABORTION DOESNT GET RID OF A BABY IT MAKES YOU A MOTHER TO A DEAD BABY!!!!```
    Anonymous

• This is the reason, even though I'm pro-life, I don't believe we can just outlaw abortion. I believe we need to help eliminate the NEED for abortion - help find a way to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place, as well as offering support and encouragement for women who are already pregnant.
    But "fighting" against abortion itself, or the people who perform or have abortions, isn't going to solve or help anything.
    Both the pro-lifers and the pro-choicers can agree that we aren't pro-abortion, so instead of fighting with each other we need to work TOGETHER towards the best solution.
    At least that's my opinion....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Thats true. I am not pro abortion, I am pro choice. Should a woman heart wrenching decision for an abortion, it is better that it  be done by a doctor than by their own hand.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'm not saying I think abortions are right, I'm just saying that if it's going to be done it should be done safely.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• B-CoatHanger.gif

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I agree with bandgeek, and I'm prochoice. I think that education and support are key to reducing the amount of abortions. But when any government tries to get involved and make it illegal, there is where you have problems, and that is why my stance is prochoice. It won't stop because of laws. It's an unfortunate reality of the world: abortions happen. At least when they are legal, there are medical professionals who help make it a safer process.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I couldnt have said it better bandgeek!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Outlawing abortions to stop them will work about as well as prohibition did to stop alcoholism. As to the safety, yes it is safer physically but the medical community hides it's head in the sand when it comes to the emotional toll of abortion.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:01 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• why abort? adopt! happy ending!!!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• "our opening a can a worms!!! why would you post this no abortions are wrong ~~~~~~~~~HAVING AN ABORTION DOESNT GET RID OF A BABY IT MAKES YOU A MOTHER TO A DEAD BABY!!!!```"

Someone set on not having a baby doesn't CARE about that.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:07 AM on Jun. 4, 2009