What can you tell me about a Tubal Ligation?

I am planning on getting a tubal ligation later on this year and am a little nervous about it. I have had two c-sections so I dont know why I am scared...LOL. But did you have any side effects and was the surgery painful? Did it cause you to have painful periods afterwards? Any insight you can give me about this would be helpful. Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Health

• I only felt pain for a few days. But all went well. I had my done 5 yrs ago. My periods got shorter to 3 days tops. I will be honest on 1 of those 3 days...I flood the moon. Otherwise I am okay.
    JennyMarie

Answer by JennyMarie at 11:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I had mine done during a Csection, so can't help you much on the surgical part. I was already hurtin! lol.

But, I do PLEAD with you to research PTLS before you make your final decision. It's real, it sucks, it's difficult to get help, and there's no fixing it.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009